Wednesday 14 October 2009

Do You Remember The First Time?

Several months ago my partner Neil Rankin entered into the world of food blogging. Watching from a distance (and sometimes hiding behind the camera), I've read his blogs with such interest, often having already tasted the delicious food that he creates. I am not a newcomer to the world of social networking, having already been addicted to many blogs, journals and mini-message sites (you can find me on Twitter here), but I've been toying with the idea of starting a food blog of my own for a little while now.

I love cooking and eating, food is a big part of our lives. Well, duh, I live with a chef after all. We spend a lot of our spare time hunting out new restaurants, markets or just cooking up feasts. I am not anywhere near as accomplished a chef as Neil, but I cook for him often. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's damn right awful.

My blog will document the food that I cook, and I'll probably throw in a restaurant review here and there. I'm quite a keen photographer, so whenever I can sneak my massive camera away with me I'll be sure to take plenty of pics. My blog name 'Cowgirl Cooks' has come from my love for the Tom Robbins novel 'Even Cowgirls get the Blues' - sadly, I'm not a real cowgirl.

Well - tonight it's Neil's turn to cook, and it smells like it must nearly be ready! Tomorrow, I'm cooking though, I'll be back with an update for you soon.

Love,

Helen.


No comments:

Post a Comment